6 HP, 3 Armor, 18 STR, 10 DEX, 15 WIL, teeth (d10) or claws (d6, enchanted), treat as detachment
- A great white crocodile, as long as five men lying end to end.
- Easily hides in water. Sees through the eyes of king-fishers.
- Claws are imbued with the Grasping Demon’s power. It takes more and more and more. First attack deals d6 STR damage, next attack deals d8, then d10, so on.
- Critical Damage: Snatches you and retreats diving, drowning his meal.
- If killed, his remains putrefy immediately. Within a day there is only brittle bone. The Bachelor reappears in d6 days.
8 HP, 12 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, spear (d8, throwable) or knife (d6)
- Chief of the Gleaming Fins. A proud, but insecure, warrior.
- Lost his left arm fighting the Bachelor, but still formidable.
5 HP, 16 STR, 12 DEX, 10 WIL teeth (d6) or bodyslam (d4)
- Balletic. Strength like a battering ram.
- Hit and run tactics.
- Easily overpowers in grappling with opponents without specialized gear.
- Critical Damage: knocks you back.
10 HP, 2 Armor, 18 STR, 10 DEX, 18 WIL, giant fist (d10+d10) or tusks (d10), treat as detachment
- Invisible giant with an elephant’s head and translucent skin.
- Deal with him as you would a god. Immune to divine magic and mental effects.
- Skeletal undead obey him.
- Critical Damage (Giant Fist): Knocks opponent back.
- Critical Damage (Tusks): Gores you (d8 STR damage per round).
- Can Wake Skeleton at will
- Any being that slays him takes his place amongst the Thirteen.
Wake Skeleton Every round, target must save or take d6 WIL damage. Requires concentration. If target dies before spell ends, their skeleton rises under your permanent control.
10 HP, 6 STR, 16 DEX, 10 WIL, peck (d6)
- Bird Godling made of fragrant smoke. Sees through kingfishers’ eyes. Never fights alone.
- Immune to physical damage and charm effects. Vulnerable to wind effects.
- Manipulates luck. Every round, roll d4 or d20; substitute this result for any roll made by anybody in the same round, provided an avian-themed excuse is plausible.
9 HP, 14 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, fist (d6)
- A human shape made of hands. Talks using sign language.
- Immune to fear effects. Impaired damage from physical attacks.
- Critical Damage: Splays to hug you. Hands in your clothes, hands down your mouth. Grappled by the grasping demon, take d6 STR damage next round, then d8, then d10, so on.
4 HP, 2 Armor, 10 STR, 12 DEX, 6 WIL, black-bladed dagger (d8)
- A master weaver with a century of practice and Vung Si Vung’s estranged wife.
- Controls the pebble golems.
- Spells patterned on rolls of textiles: Dispel Magic, Magic Missile, Feeblemind, Darkness, Darkvision.
- Does not try to kill her opponents; she does not want more weight on her soul.
10 HP, 14 STR, 14 DEX, 14 WIL, great weapon (d10)
- A bestial warrior. Tattooed head to toe with crocodile scales. A grin of filed teeth.
- Controls the tooth golems, cave crocs, and Skikkukurut. Scales walls and ceilings like a gecko. Ambush tactics.
- Immune to water, mental, and hold effects. Impaired damage from physical attacks and spells.
- May spend a round singing, raising a new tooth golem from the dental material in his chamber.
- Critical Damage: punches and knocks you back. His fist is imbued with the Grasping Demon’s power. It takes more and more and more. First attack deals d6 STR damage, next attack deals d8, then d10, so on.
6 HP, 1 Armor, 10 STR, 10 DEX, 12 WIL, machete (d6) or pistol (d8, ignores 1 Armor)
- Looks like a pirate queen in regal jacket and naval trim. Is actually the catfish attached to the crotch, controlling the body from there.
- Never without minions; fights like a captain commanding an army.
- Pistol may only be fired once per combat.
- At will or when taking Critical Damage, Grimkin the catfish detaches.
4 HP, 10 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, 1 Armor, knife (d6) or blowpipe (d6)
- Critical Damage (Blowpipe): you are poisoned by the dart. Every hour untreated: save or take d4 STR damage.
4 HP, 10 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, 1 Armor, sabre (d8) or pistol (d8, ignored 1 Armor)
- Pistol may only be fired once per combat.
3 HP, 12 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, headbutt (d8)
- Protective of mates and young.
- Invisible to normal sight; this stays true even after death or curing.
- Critical Damage: knocks you back.
8 HP, 6 STR, 12 DEX, 6 WIL, peck (d6)
- A bird sketched in fragrant smoke.
- Immune to weapons and charm effects. Vulnerable to wind effects.
- Flees from combat, but does not forget you.
- Causes misfortune. Roll d20; substitute this result for any roll made by a foe the same day, provided an avian-themed excuse is plausible.
4 HP, 10 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, bite (d6)
- Critical Damage: wraps around you with its branding iron-hot chitin body (d6 STR damage every round)
4 HP, 10 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, bite (d8)
- Tends towards petulance and cruelty. Kraits obey here; some are always nearby.
- Immune to poison and charm effects.
- May spend a round chanting. Her voice awakens all rod- and rope-like objects, turning them into snakes.
- Critical Damage: her bite poisons you. Every hour untreated: save or take d6 DEX damage.
6 HP, 6 STR, 10 DEX, 6 WIL, bite (d6), treat as detachment
- Not particularly aggressive, mainly swarms in the Snake Urchin’s defense.
- Hard to spot when in deeper water.
- Critical Damage: their bites poisons you. Every hour untreated: save or take d4 DEX damage.
5 HP, 1 Armor, 15 STR, 8 DEX, tusks (d10), treat as detachment
- Walking elephant bones.
- Undead immunities. Vulnerable to bludgeoning (enhanced damage).
- Stampedes to safety, but will seek revenge if a herd-member is downed.
- Critical Damage: its charge knocks you down.
6 HP, 6 STR, 15 DEX, 6 WIL, punch (d4) or stones (d4)
- A monkey made of vegetable matter.
- Vulnerable to fire (enhanced damage).
6 HP, 12 STR, 12 DEX, 10 WIL, claws (d10)
- A nude man with amber eyeshine, acting like a feline predator. Possessed by a tiger spirit in oestrus, he only hunts other men.
- Immune to charm effects.
- Critical Damage: A male victim develops a fever. Save WIL everyday without magical treatment. After 3 failures, the victim is ripped apart with invisible claws. A new tiger spirit is born into the world.
6 HP, 3 Armor, 15 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, chew (d8)
- Teeth arranged into the silhouette of a person.
- Immune to fire and mental effects. Squeezes anywhere a grin might fit.
- When it rolls the highest result on the damage die, the tooth golem extracts your teeth, consuming them and recovering STR equal to the damage inflicted. It smirks at you with your own incisors.
- Critical Damage: grapples and munches on you (d6 STR damage every round).
- Serves Vung Si Vung; he knows when a tooth golem is slain, and can create more.
10 HP, 6 STR, 12 DEX, 6 WIL, peck (d6), treat as detachment
- Kingfishers peck anything that witches, squeaks, or glints like small prey- bits of gear, pets, your extremities- before moving on. Defend yourself and they attack in earnest.
- Serves Sikkukurut, who sees everything they see.
3 HP, 10 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, swipe (d6)
- Partly putrefied victim of the Bachelor.
- Undead immunities.
- Body parts remain animate even if dismembered.
4 HP, 10 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, axe (d6) or intestine net (d4)
- A fresher wet corpse, under the control of a catfish attached to its crotch.
- When taking Critical Damage, the catfish detaches.
- Critical Damage (Intestine Net): traps you under its net.
- Serves Grimkin, their captain and queen.
3 HP, 6 STR, 10 DEX, 6 WIL, bite (d4)
- Critical Damage: Bites and hangs on to any exposed flesh. A mammal must save WIL or fall under its control. Victims retains intelligence, but serve Grimkin.
- Forcibly removing a catfish does d6 STR and WIL damage to its host.
2 Armor, 10 STR, 18 DEX, 8 WIL, punch (d6)
- Asshole trickster. Play along and they get bored. Fights back if you retaliate.
- Cannot move when observed; lightning quick when unobserved. Deals direct STR damage when they attack.
3 HP, 14 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, acidic body (d8)
- Acidic ambush predator.
- Critical Damage: envelops you and dissolves matter and eats metal (d4 STR damage and -1 Armor every round.
- Non-fire damage causes it to undergo binary fission; remaining STR is split equally between two new puddings.
6 HP, 3 Armor, 15 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, stone fist (d8)
- A jumble of rubble, ever-rolling, walking upright.
- Immune to fire and mental effects. Squeezes anywhere a stone might fit.
- Every round, it may fling part of itself at you- a ranged attack that hits like buckshot (d10) The golem suffers an equal loss in STR.
- Critical Damage (Stone Fist): grapples and crushes you (d8 STR damage every round)
- Critical Damage (Stone Buckshot): knocks you back.
- Serves Inna Wa Inna, who knows when a pebble golem is slain.
5 HP, 12 STR, 10 DEX, 10 WIL, bite (d8) or claws (d6 + d6)
- Blind, albino crocodile. Clings to walls like a gecko. Prefers to come at you from odd angles.
- A cave croc talks, but is blase about self-preservation.
- If killed it putrefies immediately, and is reborn in the lake of the Bachelor-filled Belly a day later.
- Critical Damage: grapples you and dives into water to drown you.
- Serves Vung Si Vung.