Conversion by lovelyzoo#7672.
Thin old man with close set eyes and inky hands.
4 HP, 8 STR, 14 DEX, knife (d6)
- Expert print maker
Bulky youth, face like a slab of meat.
4 HP, 14 STR, 4 WIL, spiked club (d8)
- Uninquisitive but loyal (to Ultan)
Alabaster skin and white hair with a blackened mouth. Clad in tattered finery.
4 HP, dagger (d6)
- Communicate via haunting melodies, played over pipes
- Repulsed by the sight of themselves, they flee from mirrors.
Hairless, dun-coloured dogs with a head like a horse skull
5 HP, 1 Armor, 12 STR, 12 DEX, bite (d8)
- Feast on rotting flesh or offal
Sinuous white swine, upright on rear trotters with human hands and eyes.
3 HP, 1 Armor, 7 STR, 13 DEX, 6 WIL, bite (d6)
- Devious, with a profound understanding of Zyanian jurisprudence
- Will exploit dark vision to perform stealthy attacks but prone to giggling
- Typically flee when outmatched but fight to the death to protect the Great Sow
Ornate shadow wearing a feathered turban, moves with a jerky grace.
3 HP, 15 DEX, 5 WIL, scimitar (d6) or polearm (d8, Bulky)
- Barely visible in dim light, and always take initiative
- Melt away immediately upon taking damage
- Dispelled by magical light
- Critical Damage: Deadly weapons inflict a further d4 damage
A dream-like vignette, alluring to its prey, e.g.:
Woman holding a lobster to her breast, singing a lullaby
A king feeds swans into a spaghetti press, squeezing out strands of light
8 HP, 2 Armor, 6 DEX, slaps (d6 Blast)
- Once approached melts into a shimmering puddle of slime and commences attack
- Hungers for the substance of dreams
- Upon defeat leaves behind a pint of oneiric residue
A single eye sits among a tangle of raven wings with no head and no body.
5 HP, 1 Armor, 18 DEX, 8 WIL, murderous glare (d4 range)
- Flits erratically, like a quick moving bat
- Not hostile but turn their gaze where curiosity takes it
- Critical damage: the target falls asleep for 6 turns
Golden head like a starfish, clotted with excrement, 6’ long.
5 HP, 2 Armor, bite (d6)
- Uninterested in PCs and will slither in the opposite direction
- Head is worth 50 gp
- Critical damage: the target is poisoned and loses 1 STR / round for d4 rounds
Old, guildless man, wears a pearl encrusted bandolier, embellished with fetishes.
8 HP, 1 Armor, 9 WIL ruined doll (d4)
- Cautious, seeks reinforcements when outnumbered
- Bandolier of the Pickled Prince: When Shaltromo is hit in melee, the opponent experiences a humiliating memory and takes WIL damage equal to their attack roll.
- Critical Damage: Holy Symbol of the Pickled Prince, opponent takes d10 WIL damage.
Youths bearing wicker baskets full of mushrooms, bathed in a melancholy light.
4 HP, 9 WIL, cudgel (d6)
- Light is cast as a ward against Shadow Puppets
- Critical Damage: Cudgel of Senescence, on a failed WIL save opponent glimpses a dire fate and is incapacitated by fear for the remainder of the battle.
Bold statured man, wearing a leonine mask and ornate, lacquered Armor.
6 HP, 3 Armor, 14 STR, 8 DEX, 14 WIL, great spear (d8)
- Expects anyone not wearing a mask (criminal scum!) to prostrate themselves
- Searching for a tunnel that leads to the White Jungle
Woman in damask robes wearing a mask that extends into a conical hat.
5 HP, 8 STR, 8 DEX, 14 WIL, Night Terror, dagger (d6)
- Demure demeanour apparent despite mask
- Potion of Slipperiness. Splash on a character within 10’. For the next hour they must make a DEX save to complete any significant action or fall taking d4 damage.
- Critical Damage: Night Terror, opponent must make a WIL save or be incapcitated by waking nightmares for the next turn.
Zebra striped caterpillar the size of a horse.
6 HP, 1 Armor, 14 DEX, claws (d6+d6)
Adorned with plain masks and simple robes, bearing heavy loads.
4 HP, 11 STR, 8 DEX, spear (d6)
When the wearer is hit in melee, the opponent experiences a humiliating memory and takes WIL damage equal to their attack roll. Usage: one battle. Recharge: the wielder experiences humiliation.
Ruined doll (d4). On a d4, the opponent experiences crushing despair and is Deprived until they undergo restorative therapy. Usage: one battle. Recharge: the wielder experiences a joy that is equal in measure to crushing despair.
On a failed WIL save opponent glimpses a dire fate and is incapacitated by fear for the remainder of the battle. Usage: one battle. Recharge: the wielder is reduced to exactly 0 HP in battle.
Splash on a character within 10’. For the next hour they must make a DEX save to complete any significant action or fall taking d4 damage. Single use.
Dagger (d4). Critical Damage: Opponent must make a WIL save or be incapacitated by waking nightmares for the next turn.
Bear traps do d10 DEX damage.
When thrown, it engulfs the target in a sticky web for two turns after which the target can escape on a STR save. If set on fire, the web delivers d6 damage to the target.
Consider running white swine in this room as a Detachment.
Massive mother pig lying on her side, offering teats that protrude from flaccid folds to suckling white swine.
15 HP, 18 STR, 0 DEX
- Immobile and has no attacks, her brood is her defence.
- Nest is damp with swine afterbirth, and straw bedding is flame retardant.
6’ tall, young woman. Rosy cheeks and a sweating brow, holds a parasol.
7 HP, 2 Armor, 13 STR, 16 WIL, bladed parasol (d8, Bulky)
- An automata, triggered by PC proximity to the Altar of the Holy Puppet
- Parasol affords +1 Armor against ranged weapons
A smirking man, clad in black formal wear, standing 10’ tall in stilts.
6 HP, 3 Armor, 11 STR, 13 DEX, 16 WIL, scissor stilts (d8, Bulky)
- An automata, triggered by PC proximity to the Altar of the Holy Puppet.
- Attacks like a whirling dancer on stilts, cannot be flanked.
- Critical Damage: Roll d6, 1: sliced throat, dead, 2-3: lose a limb
Woman wearing a mask of a crow. Her bosom swells below robes, gathered by jewel sash.
Puppet usable as a vehicle on a 5d6 DEX save, otherwise damaged. Confers these stats:
9 HP, 3 Armor, 7 DEX, needle beaked children (d8+d8+d8)
Testify and Chain of Evidence, single use only scrolls.
Silver skinned fruit. Aromatic, sweet, white flesh has black marks that look like writing.
Consuming the fruit gives an instinctive understanding of Zyan’s byzantine criminal code. +4 to WIL in any future legal scenario.
An armless torso of sagging blue skin extends from a bulbous thorax with sharp spider legs. Atop the torso sits an eyeless face with a forehead shaped like a papal crown.
10 HP, 2 Armor, 16 DEX, 8 WIL, stab with legs (d4+d4) and bite (d10)
- Craves veneration. When a sacrifice is placed on the web the Weaver:
- opens a way for the celebrant’s party (page 12)
- telepathically offers the Blessing of Azamarane to celebrants that make a 4d6 WIL save (page 35)
- Prefers to summon Shadow Puppets (page 29) rather than directly attack the party
- Critical Damage: (from bite) A failed STR saving throw ends in death