Where The Wheat Grows Tall
- Converted from the original work by Evlyn Moreau and Camilla Greer. Buy it in print, if you can. It’s fantastic.
- Only what needs to be converted or changed will appear here.
- If an important detail is missing, refer to the adventure!
- Treat damage as-is.
- The Polotnikovs have 4 HP, and abilities are 10/10/10 unless otherwise noted.
12. The Noon Lady Idol
- Destroying the idol makes Faeries go after PCs in combat.
14. Buried Wheel
- d10+STR instead fo CON
- d10+WIL instead of WIS
- Fey reaction: go first against Faerie creatures in combat.
15. Stoneface Guardian
- Stoney Gaze: WIL save to avoid petrification
16. Likho’s House
- Mantelpiece: DEX save or 1d4 STR damage.
- Muffins: heal 1d4 STR.
- Silver mirror: WIL save or they cannot take their next action.
- Cookie Jar: heals 1 STR each, but deprived for the rest of the day.
The “House Spirit” (Oleg)
- 4 HP, 5 STR, 11 DEX, 12 WIL
5 HP, 1 Armor, 8 STR, 12 DEX, 15 WIL, fire sickle (d6)
- Critical damage: 1d4 items catch fire and are destroyed (flammable or valuable first)
2 HP, 4 STR, 12 DEX, 5 WIL, claws (d4), farming tools (d6)
- Can vanish into the crops without a save (their laughter may reveal location).
10 HP, 1 Armor, 9 STR, 14 DEX, 6 WIL, farming tools or talons (d8+d8)
- If attacked, animates crops to subdue attacker (DEX to break free). On a fail, the target is strangled unconscious and eventually asphyxiates.
5 HP, 1 Armor, 8 STR, 10 DEX, 12 WIL, farming tool (d6), flock of birds (d4, blast)
- If attacked, summons a flock of birds to their defense (additional d4 damage every round).
- Critical damage: target must make two STR saves and keep the higher result.
4 HP, 2 Armor, 12 STR, 14 DEX, 16 WIL, old weapon (d6)
- Flashback: Target loses 1d4 WIL and must make a WIL save or lose their next action as they relive the spirit’s death.
- Attacks against Ghosts are impaired.
The Likho, The One Eyed Witch
8 HP, 1 Armor, 14 STR, 8 DEX, 12 WIL, claws (d4+d4), gaze attack (once each, permitting)
- Midnight Gaze: target is paralyzed and blind and must make a WIL save to break free.
- Sunstrike Gaze: target takes 1d6 STR damage and then must make a WIL save or believe they are on fire.
2 HP, 6 STR, 13 DEX, 5 WIL, claws (d4)
8 HP, 1 Armor, 12 STR, 9 DEX, 12 WIL, bite (d8)
8 HP, 1 Armor, 8 STR, 11 DEX, 15 WIL, claws (d6+d6), sunstrike
- Sunstrike: target takes 1d4 STR damage and must then make a WIL save or believe they are on fire.
6 HP, 1 Armor, 12 STR, 10 WIL, claws (d4), farm tools (d6)
- Grasping Roots: target is engulfed by strangling roots. On their next turn, make a STR save or be buried under ground.
9 HP, 1 Armor, 12 STR, 8 DEX, 18 WIL, claws (d6+d6)
5 HP, 1 Armor, 18 WIL
- Treat as trap.
4 HP, 8 STR, 5 DEX, 11 WIL, farming tool (d6)
Trull The Troll
8 HP, 2 Armor, 14 STR, 11 DEX, 11 WIL, toadslap (1d6+1d6, blast)
- Critical damage: characters are hurled into stream.
- In shadowed water regenerates 2 STR per round.
6 HP, 1 Armor, 11 STR, 9 DEX, 11 WIL, farming tool (d6)
- Regenerates 2 STR when eating light from his lantern.
5 HP, 1 Armor, 11 STR, 12 DEX, 8 WIL, claws (d6)