The following guides describe the expected format for submissions to the Cairn website.
All submissions must be written in markdown.
- See the adventure submission template.
- Please follow the monsters and relics guidelines for inclusion in the conversion.
Relics utilize the following template:
#### Relic Name, # charges - Note about the cool relic - **Recharge**: How does it recharge (if applicable)
Monsters (in an adventure conversion)
- If an ability score is 10, you may omit it if you choose.
- Note the numbers appearing before the stats (e.g. 2 HP, 1 Armor)
- The standard monster format is as follows:
#### Monster Name # HP, # Armor, # STR, # DEX, # WIL, weapon1 (d#), item or ability (special details) - Special 1 (critical damage, special abilities, etc) - **Critical Damage**: What happens?
Bestiary (the Monsters directory on the website)
- Note the Front Matter (starting with
---) at the beginning, and the empty line at the end.
- Note the space between the Monster Name, the stats, and the special entries.
- Include every ability score, even if they are only 10.
- For an example, see here and the raw text here
- Monster submissions to the website (distinct from an adventure conversion) must utilize the following format.
--- layout: default parent: Monsters grand_parent: Resources --- # Monster Name # HP, # Armor, # STR, # DEX, # WIL, weapon1 (d#), item or ability (special details) - Special 1 (critical damage, special abilities, etc) - **Critical Damage**: What happens?